Whenever You and your Friends/Relatives (Customer) is Booking Online
Railway E-tickets through any “AUTHORIZED AGENTS OF IRCTC” then please
adopt the following procedure:
1) Customer should mandatory fill his/her mobile number in the Agent
requisition form & must ensure that same number is put correctly &
accurately by Agent at the time of ticket booking on passenger’s page.
2) As per the Cancellation & Refund authentication process, post
cancellation of ticket, the refund OTP will be sent to the customer’s
3) The customer need to share the Refund OTP with Agent.
4) Agent will then verify & authenticate the refund OTP with IRCTC.
5) Once the refund OTP is verified, IRCTC will then transfer the
cancellation amount in Agent’s account in real time basis.
6) Agent will then refund the Cancellation amount with the customer.
7) This process is set up to make the customer aware with the
applicable refund amount.
8) The refund OTP is generated only after cancellation of ticket &
Will be sent to the mobile number provided at the time of ticket booking.
Customer’s should not get confused it with the bank/payment OTP.
You are requested to kindly extend your support to create awareness so
That customer’s should ensure that the Agent are putting correct & accurate
mobile number at the time of ticket booking so that customers gets the
control of their own cancellation & refund amount.
Note: Please note that IRCTC never permit its agents to ask any bank/card
related information & bank OTP from its customers due to security and