WhatsApp offers several hidden features that many people don’t know about or don’t use them often. One of these features is the ability to hide your name from certain users. WhatsApp officially does not allow users to keep the name blank. However, there’s a small and simple trick that allows users to keep the name blank. This will help users to hide their name and keep identity private from unknown people.
Step-by-step guide for hide name on WhatsApp from unknown users
- In Android devices Open WhatsApp and head to Settings by tapping on three dots from the top right corner
- Copy these two symbols “⇨ ຸ” (only arrow and comma symbol)
- Tap on the ‘pencil’ icon in front of your name and paste these two symbols there in place of your current name
- After this, remove the ‘arrow only’ “⇨” and tap on Ok button to change your name
- Once this, your name will go blank on WhatsApp
If someone has already saved your phone number with your name, they will still see your name in the chat. This trick only works for unknown people.