People of all ages CAN be infected by the coronavirus. Older people, and people with pre-existing medical conditions (such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease) appear to be more vulnerable to becoming severely ill with the virus.
National Helpline Numbers : +91-11-23978046 or 1075
Useful information about Covid-19
- Cold weather and snow CANNOT kill the CoronaVirus .
- Hand dryers are NOT effective in killing the CoronaVirus.
- There is NO evidence that regularly rinsing the nose with saline has protected people from infection with the CoronaVirus.
- The CoronaVirus CAN be transmitted in areas with hot and humid climates.
- Ultraviolet light SHOULD NOT be used for sterilization and can cause skin irritation.
- Garlic is healthy but there is NO evidence from the current outbreak that eating garlic has protected people from the CoronaVirus.
- The CoronaVirus CANNOT be transmitted through mosquito bites.
- Thermal scanners CAN detect if people have a fever but CANNOT detect whether or not someone has the CoronaVirus.
- Antibiotics DO NOT work against viruses, antibiotics only work against bacteria.
- There is NO evidence that companion animals/pets such as dogs or cats can transmit the CoronaVirus.
- Spraying alcohol or chlorine all over your body WILL NOT kill viruses that have already entered your body.
- To date, there is NO specific medicine recommended to prevent or treat the CoronaVirus.
- Taking a hot bath DOES NOT prevent the CoronaVirus.
- Vaccines against pneumonia, such as pneumococcal vaccine and Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) vaccine, DO NOT provide protection against the CoronaVirus.
Visit https://www.mygov.in/covid-19/?utm_source=mygov_campaign for more details