Kerala Psc Beat Forest officer Sample Question paper : 100 Questions with answer key.
Kerala Public Service Commission
Beat Forest Officer Sample Question Paper
(100 Questions with Answer key)
1. Who is called the ‘Father of literacy in Kerala’?
a) Kuriakose Elias Chavara
b) Pandit Karuppan
d) Bhrahmananda Shivayogi
2. Which publication is known as ‘Ezhava Gazette’?
b) Kerala Kaumudi
3. Who translated the dialogue between Tagore & Narayana Guru into Malayalam during Tagore’s visit to Sivagiri?
b) V.Govindan Vaidhyar
d) Pattom Thanu pillai
4. Who founded the Thathwa Prakashika Ashram at Kozikode?
a) Sree Narayana Guru
b) Brahmananda Shivayogi
c) Pandit Karuppan
5. The founder of Malabar Economic Union
c) Pandit Karuppan
6. The fourth visit of Gandhiji in Kerala is connected with
a) Vaikkom Satyagraha
b) Khilafat Movement
c) Upliftment of Harijans
d) Temple Entry Proclamation
7. Which lake is known as ‘the Queen of Lakes in Kerala’?
8. The leader who preached in Malayalam in Oxford University firstly?
a) Mannathu Padmanabhan
b) V.K.Krishna Menon
c) Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
d) Matha Amrithanandamayi
9. Who was associated with the formation of the Kerala unit of Kissan Mazdur Praja Party?
a) Pattom Thanu Pillai
b) C.Govindan Nair
10. Who authored ‘Pracheena Malayalam’?
a) Vennikkulam Gopala Kurup
b) Sree Narayana Guru
c) Chattampi Swamikal
d) Pandit Karuppan
11. Which was the first political organization in modern India?
a) Indian National congress
b) Indian Association
c) East India Association
d) Landholder’s Assocition
12. The first Amendment of Indian Constitution came into force on:
13. Malborough House is the headquarters of:
14. The President who assented the Right to Information Bill:
b) Pranab Mukherji
c) A.P.J.Abdul Kalam
d) None of these
15. The Sardar Sarovar Project is build across the river:
16. HV Conolly is murdered at:
17. Which island was formed as a result of the dredging activities of the Cochin port?
18. In which year the Parliament passed the untouchability Offence Act?
19. The minimum age required to become a Rajya Sabha member:
a) 35 years
b) 30 years
c) 28 years
d) 25 years
20. Which King of Travancore shifted the capital to Thiruvananthapuram from Padmanabhapuram?
a) Marthanda Varma
b) Dharma Raja
c) Swathi Thirunal
d) Ayilyam Thirunal
21. Which Article recently dismissed from the IT Act?
a) 65 A
b) 66 A
c) 66 B
d) 66 D
22. Which one of the following is not a right under Consumer Protection Act of 1986?
a) Right to be informed
b) Right to be heared
c) Right to protect environment
d) Right to consumer education
23. Mahatma Gandhi Setu is built across the river:
24. Which of the following known as ‘Mango City’?
25. Who was the first elected Vice President of India?
a) Dr.Rjendra Prasad
c) Dr.Zakkir Hussain
d) Gyani Sail Singh
26. Who was the Viceroy at the time of the First Round Table Conference?
27. The Goods & Services Tax cme into effect from:
a) June 1,2017
b) April 1,2017
c) July 1,2017
d) August 1,2017
28. Who is appointed as the new Chairman of ISRO?
b) A.S.Kiran Kumar
29. India’s first National Park for differently abled people is in which city?
30. Which Indian Actor was honoured with the 24th Crystal Award at the World Economic forum in Davos,Switzerland?
a) Amir Khan
b) Shah Rukh Khan
c) Saif Ali Khan
d) Salman Khan
31. In which colour that the Economic Survey 2017-18 was printed into highlight gender issue and amid economic development?
32. According to Union budget,salary of President of India is increased to:
a) 5 lakh
b) 6 lakh
c) 7 lakh
d) 4 lakh
33. Who launched the first Khelo India School Games at Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium in New Delhi?
a) Narendra Modi
b) Venkayya Naidu
c) Raj Nath Kovind
d) Meera Kumar
34. Which was the first computer game?
a) Space War
b) Space Warrior
c) Space Mission
d) Space Flight
35. In which type of rocks is petroleum found:
a) Plutonic rock
b) Sedementary rock
c) Igneous rock
d) Metamorphic rock
36. Which river is known as ‘the Handmaid of Narmada?
37. Rajaji National Park is situated at:
38. In which layer of the atmosphere is the ozone layer situated?
39. Which mountain range separate the Southern part of India from the Northern part?
d) Western Ghats
40. Black soil is also known as:
a) Regur soil
b) Arid soil
c) Forest soil
d) Saline soil
41. Which is the new organ discovered inside humn body in 2017?
42. Which livestock is affected by Ranikhet disease?
43. Which disease is spread through the contact with soil?
44. Which substance causes tears while handling onion?
45. For detecting the pressure of gas:
46. Scientist who proved that light is an electromaganetic wave:
a) Christian Romer
b) Thomas Young
c) Henrich Hertz
d) Christian Huygens
47. Which metal is used in the catalytic converters in cars to reduce the pollution from exhaust gases?
48. Sun can be seen for sometimes even after sunset, Which phenomenon of light caused this?
49. Who discovered the computer mouse?
a) Steve Jobs
b) Charles Babbage
c) Alen Shugart
d) Douglas Engelbart
50. What is the term for a computer network that interconnects computers within a limited area such as home,school or office building,using network media?
a) Personal Area Network
b) Wide Area Network
c) Local Area Network
d) Campus Area Network
51. Kerala Forest Development Corporation situated in:
52. The Project of Government of Kerala which has won Indira Priydrshini Vrikshamitra award:
a) Hritha Theeram
b) Ente Maram
c) Nammude Maram
d) Ente Vriksham
53. Which district has largest forest area in percentage?
54. In which year Konni was declared as the first reserve forest of Kerala?
55. The first wild life Snctuary of Kerala:
56. The famous White bison of Manjampatti is seen in:
57. Which bird sanctuary is known as ‘Heaven for migratory birds’?
58. Chenthurani wild life sanctuary is situated in the district of:
59. The Prime Minister who inaugurated Silent Valley National Park:
a) Soniya Gandhi
b) Rajiv Gandhi
c) Indira Gandhi
d) Dr.Manmohan Singh
60. The smallest National Park in Kerala:
a) Silent Valley
b) Pampadum Shola
c) Mathikettan Shola
61. A few students know the answer ,…….. Add the correct Question Tag.
a) did they?
b) don’t they?
c) do they?
d) didn’t they?
62. He is very rich …….. he is a miser.Add suitable coordinating conjunction.
63. The feminine gender of ‘Widower’ is:
64. Choose the Compound Noun.
65. …….. unanimous decision was taken by the committee in no time.Choose right Article.
d) No article needed
66. Choose the sentence with incorrect use of preposition.
a) She has three children by her first husband.
b) My wife is good at French.
c) I am fond of reading novels.
d) She is gifted on common sense.
67. The opposite of ‘Civilized’:
68. ……. it is dirty …….. torn. Add suitable correltive conjunction.
d) Not only……but also
69. Partial or complete loss of memory. Choose the one word.
70. I haven’t had a call from him ………. Last Wednesday. Choose correct preposition.
71. Employees of this office are so …….. that work never. Choose appropriate word.
72. Should she come today, ……………
a) I will give him the money.
b) I will have given the money.
c) I will be giving the money.
d) I would have given the money.
73. Which sentence is correct?
a) I am awaiting for your reply.
b) I am waiting your reply.
c) I am awaiting your reply.
d) I am awaiting on your reply.
74. Which of the following is not a synonym of ‘disciple’?
75. We could not ……….. the inscription on the wall.
a) make up
b) make out
c) give away
d) give out
76. Choose the correct spelt word:
77. The passive form of “They have done it” is:
a) It has done.
b) It have been done.
c) It have done.
d) It has been done.
78. What was the idiom “to cut corners” mean:
a) To hide something from someone or somewhere.
b) To say or argue thoroughly.
c) To do something badly or cheaply to save money or time.
d) To save something very expensive.
79. The American equivalent of British word “curtains” is:
80. The plural form of ‘Army’:
81. A man travels a distance of 360 km in 2 hours. What is his speed?
a) 500 m/sec
b) 300 m/sec
82. If the average age of a class of 30 boys is 13 years. When class teacher’s age is included the average age increased by 1 year. Find out the age of teacher?
a) 34 years
b) 44 years
c) 54 years
d) 30 years
83. Subtracting 40% of a number from the number, get the result as 30. Find the number?
84. A trader has 50 kg of rice, a part of which he sells at 10% profit, and the rest at 5% loss. He gains 7% on the whole. What is the quantity sold at 10% gain and 5% loss?
a) 40 kg loss & 10 kg profit
b) 30kg loss & 20kg profit
c) 10kg loss & 40kg profit
d) 20kg loss & 30kg profit
85. If m:n = 3:2, then (4m+5n): (4m+5n) is equal to:
86. If the 4th term of an arithmetic progression is 14 and the 12th term is 70, then the first term is:
87. In how many years will Rs.2000 amount to Rs.2420 at 10% per annum compound interest?
a) 1 ½ years
b) 2 ½ years
c) 2 years
d) 3 years
88. A man purchase 11 sweets for Rs.10 and sell 10 sweets for Rs.11. What is his profit percentage?
89. How many cubes each of 3cm, can be cut from a cube of edge 15 cm?
90. A and B can do a job in 6 and 12 days respectively. They began the work together but A leaves after 3 days. Then the total number of days needed for the completion of the work is:
91. If the 5 friends are sitting in a row,Maya is left to Meera but on the right of Veena. Seena is on the right of Meera but on the left of Meena. The friend sit in the middle is:
92. Q is to the south west of P, R is to the east of Q and south east of P and S is to the north of R in line with Q and P. In which direction of P is S located:
93. In a queue of friends, X is 18th from front, while Y is 16th from the back. If Z is 25th from the front and is exactly in the middle of X and Y, the number of friends in the queue is:
94. The next term of the following series is 1,1,4,8,,27,16,……
95. Among 5 friends A is shorter than B but taller than E. C is slightly taller than B but D is slightly shorter than B but slightly taller than A. Who is the shortest?
96. Find the next term in the series ELFA, GLHA, ILJA, MLNA,……
97. P is brother of Q, R is married to S. If R is the nephew of Q, how is P related to S?
98. If 1-12-1991 is Sunday. Which is the fourth Tuesday of December 1991?
99. ‘Theoretical’ is related to Practical.In the same way as Impossible is related to…….
100. Arrange the words as in the dictionary: wound, writer, white, worst, worked
Questions prepared by :
Reshma G Pushpan