WhatsApp introduced a feature that users will be able to hide their online status even when they are active on the app. The meta-owned messaging platform said that the official feature will be available in some more time. Now, if you just can’t wait and want to hide your online status from your contacts, there’s a way around.
- First, open the WhatsApp app on your phone.
- You will then need to go to the three vertical dots in the upper right corner.
- Users can simply click on the Settings menu.
- Now, click on Account option and then go to the Privacy option.
- You will be able to see the Last Seen option.
- There will be two options – My Contacts and Nobody.
- On clicking My Contacts option your online status will be available only to your contacts.
- The second option, Nobody, will hide the online status from everyone.
It should be noted that clicking on ‘Nobody’ option will also hide other’s online status. In simple words, even you will not be able to see your friend’s online status. Well, if you can settle for that, go ahead and enable the option right now.