The DIKSHA is an Android application offers teachers, students and parents engaging learning material relevant to the prescribed school curriculum. Teachers have access to aids like lesson plans, worksheets and activities, to create enjoyable classroom experiences. Students understand concepts, revise lessons and do practice exercises. Parents can follow classroom activities and clear doubts outside school hours. This initiative is supported by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) and led by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) in India.
DIKSHA is a customizable National Digital Infrastructure for teacher-centric initiatives for use by States, Teacher Education Institutes (TEI) and private entities. Teachers can use DIKSHA to access and create high quality teaching, learning and assessment resources in all subjects and for all standards in English and many Indian languages. Teachers can use the platform for their entire career span – from when they are student teachers at TEIs until after they retire – to capture, authenticate and share their work, contributions and achievements. The DIKSHA platform strengthens the hands of ‘Our Teachers Our Heroes’.
- Explore interactive material created by teachers and the best Indian content creators for teachers and students in India. By India, for India!
- Scan QR codes from textbooks and find additional learning material associated with the topic
- Store and share content offline, even without Internet connectivity
- Find lessons and worksheets relevant to what is taught in the school classroom
- Experience the app in English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu or Marathi, with additional Indian languages available.
- Supports multiple content formats like Video, PDF, HTML, ePub, mobi etc.
Advantages for teachers
- Find interactive and engaging teaching material to make your class interesting
- See and share best practices with other teachers to explain difficult concepts to students
- Join courses to further your professional development and earn badges and certificates on completion
- View your teaching history across your career as a school teacher
- Receive official announcements from the state department
- Conduct digital assessments to check your students’ understanding of a topic that you have taught
Advantages for students and parents
- Scan QR codes in your textbook for easy access to the associated lessons on the platform
- Revise lessons that you learnt in class
- Find additional material around topics that are difficult to understand
- Practice solving problems and get immediate feedback on whether the answer is correct or not.
For downloading App click here