Due to low quality of Webcam sometimes we cannot use inbuilt webcams of some laptops and PC. We can overcome this problem using our mobile phone camera. Applications like Zoom, Google Meet, and Microsoft Teams have Android and iPhone apps available. You need to install the app from the app store, log in, and use your phone’s selfie camera and microphone to be a part of the meeting.
Use your Android Phone as a Webcam in Windows PC
If you’re a PC with Windows and you use an Android phone, just installed ans App called DroidCam on your Smartphone.
- Download DroidCam app from the Google Play Store on your phone. (Smartphone needs to be running Android 5.0 or higher.)
- Download the DroidCam Client 6.3.0 on your PC and install it on our computer .
- Open DroidCam client your desktop. Open the app on your Android phone too.
- Make sure your desktop and phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network (it also works if your desktop is connected via Ethernet, Use Jio WiFi or any other WiFi connectivity for this application).
- On the Android application, you will see IP address and DroidCam Port. Enter these values into the fields on the PC client that say Device IP and DroidCam Port, respectively.
- Make sure both Video and Audio is checked off.
- The phone app will launch the camera and you’ll be able to see the videos PC client.
Integrate Smartphone camera in Google Meet
- After completing the installation procedure, just open the Google Meet using Google Chrome and go to Settings – Video and Select the Droidcam as Camera and click done.
- Now Smartphone camera is running and use our smartphone camera as a webcam.