Now Google Pay allows users to split the bill with their contacts. The feature eliminates the need to manually calculate how much each person must pay and then have one person pay the main bill before the others return equal sums from their accounts.
How to easily split the bill with friends and family on Google Pay
- Upon opening Google Pay and tapping on the New Payment option on the main page, a new screen will open.
- On this screen, below the ‘Transfer Money’ tab, a ‘New Group’ option will appear.
- Upon clicking on this option, a new screen will appear with the names of contacts.
- On this screen, contacts with whom the bill needs to be split can be added to groups.
- Google Pay will display all recent contacts and the relevant ones can be tapped to add to the groups.
- On the next screen, users will be asked to name the group.
- Once the group is created, users will see a ‘Split an Expense’ button at the bottom.
- After entering the amount to split among the group members, the amount can either be split evenly or a custom amount that a certain user must pay can be entered.
- Users can also uncheck someone in the group if that member does not need to pay for a particular expense.
- Once the parameters are set, tapping the ‘Send Request’ button will raise a payment request.
- The payment progress can be tracked from the group’s main screen to see group members have paid.